There are many ways for you to make a difference in our community. We encourage you to gather with your family, friends, or Life Group and participate in one of the serving opportunities listed below.
If you choose to participate in one, or find other opportunities to serve in our community, let us know! Send your photos and a brief description to [email protected].
MUST Summer Lunch Program
You can help provide meals for thousands of children across six counties this summer through our partnership with MUST Ministries. Due to CDC guidelines, all food must be prepackaged and individually wrapped. Needed items for the meal kits are as follows:
- Kraft Easy Mac & Cheese Cups
- Individual Microwaveable Cup Meals (soup, stew, pasta)
- Salty Snacks (pretzels, Goldfish crackers, peanut butter crackers)
- Sweet Snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, fruit cups, applesauce, animal crackers)
- Juice Boxes / Capri Sun
Please bring items to the Main Lobby for collection.
Our annual Backpack Outreach is going on NOW! Stop by the Main Lobby or Kids Lobby to pick up a backpack, fill it with the enclosed list of school supplies, and return to North no later than July 3. Backpacks will then be distributed through Marietta Housing Authority and Community Outreach.
Make plans to join us as we make a difference in our community! Our next Serve Day will be held Saturday, October 15. We will have opportunities available for all ages. Check back for more details.
YMCA Hunger Relief
- Package and distribute food at various locations
- SIGN UP to serve at The Church at Green Acres
- SIGN UP to serve at Brumby Elementary
Food Pantry Drive
Mount Paran North is partnering with local elementary schools to provide non-perishable items for their food pantries. These food pantries help struggling families put food on the table for their children. YOU CAN HELP! Please bring non-perishable food items to North at any time, and we’ll take care of it from there! See below for a list of needed items:
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, Vienna sausages)
- Campbell’s soup (can or plastic container)
- Individual apple sauce
- Saltine crackers (smaller box)
- Canned pasta sauce
- Boxed pasta
- Baby food
- Breakfast cereals
- Goldfish snacks (individually wrapped)
- Granola bars (no nuts)
Bring donations to the Main Lobby for collection. NO GLASS ITEMS, PLEASE.
- Sort food and clothing donations in the donation center
- Prepare and serve a meal at Elizabeth Inn
- Compile donations to provide hygiene kits
- Host a food drive in your neighborhood
- SIGN UP
The Table on Delk
A ministry that provides a safe place for those who are currently, or at risk of, being sexually exploited to have a meal and get connected to resources.
- Provide a meal for a meeting
- Provide dessert for a meeting
- Minister to residents of Delk Rd. motels (Sat. or Wed.)
- Minister and assist at laundromat (Wed., Thur., or Fri.)
- Write inspirational messages and color placemats
- SIGN UP
A non-profit organization in Atlanta, Georgia that provides domestic sex trafficking victims and those at risk with specialized recovery services through residential and community-based programs.
- Organize a small group to do a special project at one of the campuses
- SIGN UP
Simple Needs GA
An organization whose mission is to meet the simple needs of children, people experiencing homelessness, and others in need.
- Help collect and/or deliver donations
- Put together Comfort Kits
- Work a Donation Drive
- SIGN UP
Men of Acts
Men and women can join this group from North to meet basic repair and lawn care needs for widows, single parents, elderly, and disabled in our congregation and community.
Church-wide Outreach Events
Be a part of the major outreaches we offer each year. From our Freedom Celebration in July and our Back to School event in August to the Thanksgiving Outreach and Christmas Wish List, you have the opportunity to serve guests and those in need. These events are “all hands on deck” events; from providing parking help, to helping a child try on shoes, to providing a Thanksgiving meal to a family in need, to sponsoring a child for Christmas.
Interested in volunteering, please call Community Care at 678.285.3204.
The YMCA is known as a great place to get healthy and fit, but, one thing you may not know is their commitment to help the surrounding community. North, along with other non-profits, local businesses, and government grants, partner with the YMCA on their projects to help bring food and meals to those in need, provide produce to local “food deserts”, and provide preschool education to poor communities.
“Those who are kind to the poor lend to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.”
— Proverbs 19:17